[Eg-oversight-board] Action required re: Evergreen Oversight Board Nomination

Sharon Herbert sherbert at sitka.bclibraries.ca
Fri May 8 13:37:34 EDT 2015

Hi everyone,

I have served as Sitka Manager with the BC Libraries Cooperative since
2007. Sitka is a growing consortium of 82 multi-type libraries at over
130 locations in Western Canada, with a service area population of
over 430,000.

Over the past 8 years, I've worked with the talented Sitka team to
grow the services we provide to our members and to collaborate with
the wider Evergreen community to improve and expand Evergreen
functionality. We've partnered with several other Evergreen community
members to provide funding, user specifications and software testing
for several development initiatives including: KidsPAC; improvements
to Acquisitions, Cataloguing and TPAC; the web-based staff client and
more. Over the years, Sitka staff have contributed numerous bug fixes
and developed new features including mobile PAC and recent Overdrive
API integration. Sitka staff have also been leaders in writing
documentation for Evergreen and we've shared our training and
migration expertise with the wider Evergreen community. We also
provide hosting for Conifer, a consortium of 19 post-secondary
libraries in Ontario as well as a shared Evergreen training
environment for students and faculty at three library schools in
British Columbia. As the number of Sitka libraries have grown, it's
been exciting to see many member libraries leveraging Evergreen's
consortial strengths to allow patrons to seamlessly borrow materials
across wider geographic regions.

I've seen the positive impact that Evergreen and a strong
international community have made to library services in Canada and
look forward to the opportunity to serve on the Oversight board to
continue to grow and strengthen Evergreen.

Thank you for your consideration,

Sharon Herbert
Sitka Manager
BC Libraries Cooperative