[Eg-oversight-board] GoToWebinar Test Results

Tim Spindler tjspindler at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 11:21:16 EDT 2015

Chauncey, Andrea, Yamil and I tested using GoToWebinar yesterday and here
are some of the results.

   - Frame rates and audio were good with no loss in frame rates.  However,
   if we were to pursue this it would be good to reexamine with a larger more
   typically sized groups.
   - Recorded the presentation and the audio (not video of individuals
   watching).   GoToWebinar saves it with its own formatting to convert to WMV
   or MP4.  I have not pursued it with the support desk but I have not been
   able to convert it to MP4 but was able to get it into WMV.  The GoToWebinar
   conversion software crashes at about 24% completion.
   - GoToWebinar allows for 3 types of users, organizers, panelists, and
   attendees.   Organizers and panelists can present and chat..   Attendees
   can only chat with panelists or organizers and there is a function for
   attendees for raising their hands and the organizer(s) can unmute them to
   ask a question.
   - All can speak if unmuted by the organizer.
   - There is also a polling function that could be potentially used for
   voting.

The C/W MARS account allows for access up to 101 users including the
organizer and we also have a GoToMeeting account for up to 20 users.  The
GoToMeeting is simpler and is designed for more direct exchanges between a
smaller group of users.

If the Oversight Board wanted to use this, I'm open to using the C/W MARS
GoToWebinar account for board meetings so there would not be a cost to the
community.

--
Tim Spindler
C/W MARS
tspindler at cwmars.org
tjspindler at gmail.com

*P**   Go Green - **Save a tree! Please don't print this e-mail unless it's
really necessary.*