[Eg-oversight-board] Position Statement

Grace Dunbar gdunbar at esilibrary.com
Mon Apr 11 11:59:30 EDT 2016

Hi again,
Galen and I were proof-reading the release and he had a good suggestion for
clarifying the presence and availability of the Safety Committee.
The wording that we would like to add is, "Members of the Evergreen Safety
Committee will be available at the conference to advocate for and assist
conference attendees, including accompanying attendees to and from the
conference venues."

I don't think that should be problematic for anyone but there it is for
your consideration.
The final copy of the press release is attached.

Here's the shortlist of places where we can/could disseminate the statement.
open-ils-general mailing list
Blog post on evergreen-ils.org (this will also auto-post to Google+ and
Facebook)
Evergreen Conference web site (https://evergreen-ils.org/conference/eg16/)
Twitter
Marshall Breeding
ALA

Please note that we may receive both negative and positive feedback from
this statement. As a general policy, no one person should respond to any
feedback on behalf of the EOB.  If you receive feedback personally, please
do not respond on behalf of the EOB or the Community.  We need to be
prepared to listen constructively to any concerns that may come up.   Let's
stay calm and focused on the fact that we're doing everything we can to
ensure a safe and inclusive community and conference.

If you see any typos or issues with the press release please let me know
asap!
Thanks,
Grace

gdunbar at esilibrary.com