[Eg-oversight-board] Outstanding action items and a few questions

Ruth Frasur director at hagerstownlibrary.org
Fri Aug 26 13:25:27 EDT 2016

If possible, I would like to have an EOB meeting at the Hackfest, do
support the limited travel stipends, and think that a teleconferencing
component should be included for those who absolutely cannot make it.

On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 12:31 PM, Sharon Herbert <
sharon.herbert at bc.libraries.coop> wrote:

> Hi Grace,
>
> I think very difficult to justify the time and expense to travel from
> Vancouver for a meeting, unless it was of a very critical nature. But happy
> to join via teleconference or other means.
>
> thanks,
> Sharon
>
> Quoting Grace Dunbar <gdunbar at esilibrary.com>:
>
> Hi everyone,
>> I'm sorry I was unable to make our last scheduled meeting.
>>
>> Since we didn't meet last week I wanted to send a reminder regarding all
>> outstanding action items and solicit some input on a few other issues.
>>
>> Reminder: Action items from the last meeting.
>> sherbertbc to continue investigating OSS grants as time permits
>> graced will kick off the [SFC] email thread with a recap of issues, both
>> recent and ongoing
>>
>> Other pending actions and items:
>> Amy: continue to work on getting some kind of answer from the SFC on that
>> un-deposited check from NC Cardinal
>> Updates, business, and recommendations from our committee chairs.
>>
>> I owe the Board a final draft of the Executive Session wording,
>> (attached).  This got +1s in the last email roundup but I thought I'd
>> float
>> it up to the top once more before we vote on it at the next meeting.
>>
>> I also owe the Board a formalization of the voting process we adopted last
>> voting cycle.  Ruth, can you put that on the agenda for our next meeting,
>> please?
>>
>> One other thing that is odd is that the "new" trademark policy seems to
>> have never made it to the Evergreen wiki. I remember it was voted on
>> back... gosh... when Galen was the Chair?  But there is hide nor hair of
>> it
>> anywhere I can find.  Could someone take this on as a personal quest to
>> figure out what happened to that and get the policy and copies of the
>> logos
>> on the Evergreen Wiki?  Do I have a volunteer?
>>
>> And lastly, I have questions about the possibility of a mid-year in person
>> EOB meeting.  It seems easy(?) to try to have it at the Hackfest since at
>> least 2 EOB members be there already, at least 2 are close geographically,
>> and also we would have access to several past members in case we
>> needed/wanted that input.  So, I have three questions on that front.
>> 1.) Is there anyone who simply couldn't get away for 1 or 2 days somewhere
>> between 11/1 and 11/4?
>> 2.) Who would want/need a stipend for travel/accommodations if we were
>> able
>> to do such a thing?
>> 3.) Does anyone have an objection to considering travel stipends for EOB
>> members who need them to attend meetings?  Discuss!
>>
>> Thanks and sorry for the long email...
>> Grace
>>

>> --
>> Grace Dunbar, Vice President
>> Equinox - Open Your Library
>> gdunbar at esilibrary.com
>> 1-877-OPEN-ILS  |  www.esilibrary.com

> [...]

Ruth Frasur
Director of the Historic(ally Awesome) Hagerstown - Jefferson Township
Library
10 W. College Street in Hagerstown, Indiana (47346)
p (765) 489-5632; f (765) 489-5808

*Our Kickin' Website <http://hagerstownlibrary.org>,  Our Rockin' Facebook
Page <http://facebook.com/hjtplibrary>,  and The Nettle Creek Players
<http://nettlecreekplayers.com>*