[Eg-oversight-board] ROG Amendment Proposals

Ruth Frasur director at hagerstownlibrary.org
Tue Dec 20 11:55:58 EST 2016

Ron,

Thank you.  This looks good to me.

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 11:24 AM, Gagnon, Ron <gagnon at noblenet.org> wrote:

> Good morning,
> At our last meeting I volunteered to develop language for two desired
> amendments to the Rules of Governance: new Board members not being eligible
> for officer positions in the first year on the Board and conducting a
> special election to fill the terms of departing members, rather than having
> the Board choose a successor.
>
> I've drafted some language for both those issues for your consideration.
> For the second issue, I've assumed the election would be to fill out the
> remainder of the departing person's term (though I doh't think that was
> said either way).
>
> The first-year issue gets more complicated when you think about it, should
> there be an influx of new Board members for some reason.  The Rules should
> not lead to a dead-end if there are not sufficient continuing members to
> fill the three officers and the fiscal rep. slots, or if a continuing Board
> member was unwilling or unable to serve (we probably should not force
> them).  I think I've addressed all the possibilities, not sure if that
> waters it down too much from your original concept.  It also seemed to make
> sense to put the new language as a new clause at 2.5.4, following the
> officer discussion, rather than following three removal clauses, so those
> three would be renumbered.
>
> My new proposed language is in bold on the Word file.
>
> Please let me know if this does not meet what you had in mind, or if I've
> overlooked something.
>
> Happy Holidays!
> Ron
>
> --
> Ronald A. Gagnon
> Executive Director
> North Of Boston Library Exchange (NOBLE)
> Danvers, Massachusetts  01923
> 978-777-8844 <(978)%20777-8844>
> www.noblenet.org

Ruth Frasur
Director of the Historic(ally Awesome) Hagerstown - Jefferson Township
Library
10 W. College Street in Hagerstown, Indiana (47346)
p (765) 489-5632; f (765) 489-5808

*Our Kickin' Website <http://hagerstownlibrary.org>,  Our Rockin' Facebook
Page <http://facebook.com/hjtplibrary>,  and The Nettle Creek Players
<http://nettlecreekplayers.com>*