[Eg-oversight-board] Call for Agenda Items and Meeting Reminder

Sharon Herbert sharon.herbert at bc.libraries.coop
Wed Jun 15 15:42:59 EDT 2016

Hi Ruth,

Last fall, the EOB considered Mozilla's open source support program
and determined Evergreen was probably not a good fit. Mozilla has
recently announced the Secure Open Source Fund: article-
https://www.helpnetsecurity.com/2016/06/10/mozilla-will-fund-code-audits/
Specifics: https://wiki.mozilla.org/MOSS/Secure_Open_Source

One of the seven criteria for consideration asks ''How vital is the
software to the continued functioning of the Internet or the Web?' ;
if this is key for acceptance, Evergreen probably wouldn't qualify,
but thought I'd ask the EOB to review as I haven't seen any discussion
on the lists about this specific initiative - unless I've missed it,
of course!

Thanks,
Sharon

--
Sharon Herbert
Sitka Manager | BC Libraries Cooperative