[Eg-oversight-board] Call for Agenda Items and Meeting Reminder

Sharon Herbert sharon.herbert at bc.libraries.coop
Thu Jun 16 20:10:04 EDT 2016

Following up on the last discussion item from today's meeting -
unfortunately, all of the grants listed at
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/grants/ are historical/expired. Mozilla
outlines their four focus areas to be considered for a grant, that
they are more likely to fund a grant if they are intimately familiar
with your organization and if it's tied to the Mozilla mission. They
expect someone from the project to serve as a champion by getting
involved in the Mozilla community by contributing to their mission and
becoming indispensable to the Mozilla community before discussing a
grant. Maybe we have some folks already working in the Mozilla
community, but still seems Evergreen isn't likely to fit their criteria.

I'll keep casting an eye around for potential funding opportunities.

Sharon
Quoting Ruth Frasur <director at hagerstownlibrary.org>:

> Sure thing.  Would you be willing to speak to this a little bit during the
> meeting?  To start the discussion?
>
> On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 3:42 PM, Sharon Herbert <
> sharon.herbert at bc.libraries.coop> wrote:
>
>> Hi Ruth,
>>
>> Last fall, the EOB considered Mozilla's open source support program and
>> determined Evergreen was probably not a good fit. Mozilla has recently
>> announced the Secure Open Source Fund: article-
>> https://www.helpnetsecurity.com/2016/06/10/mozilla-will-fund-code-audits/
>> Specifics: https://wiki.mozilla.org/MOSS/Secure_Open_Source
>>
>> One of the seven criteria for consideration asks ''How vital is the
>> software to the continued functioning of the Internet or the Web?' ; if
>> this is key for acceptance, Evergreen probably wouldn't qualify, but
>> thought I'd ask the EOB to review as I haven't seen any discussion on the
>> lists about this specific initiative - unless I've missed it, of course!
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sharon
>> Quoting Ruth Frasur <director at hagerstownlibrary.org>:
>>
>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I apologize for not getting this out earlier.  Please submit any items
>>> that
>>> you would like to have added to the EOB agenda.  A reminder that the
>>> meeting is tomorrow at 2 p.m. EST on the #evergreen channel in IRC.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ruth Frasur
>>> Director of the Historic(ally Awesome) Hagerstown - Jefferson Township
>>> Library
>>> 10 W. College Street in Hagerstown, Indiana (47346)