[Eg-oversight-board] Conference Mailing Lists

Grace Dunbar gdunbar at esilibrary.com
Wed May 18 13:43:00 EDT 2016

Hi,
As part of the ongoing effort to make the Evergreen Conference Process
better and after discussion with the point of contact for the 2017
conference, I'd like to suggest four mailing lists be created for
continuity and transparency of conference processes going forward.

I envision these lists being "private" in the sense that the current EOB
members, Conference committee members, and local host committee members
would be the people subscribed, not the general community.  We would
continue to use the lists year-to-year, simply changing the subscribers
every year.  This would allow us to have a searchable archive of conference
issues and precedents.  This should also improve communication and reduce
confusion.

The four mailing lists I would like to suggest would be:
Evergreen Conference  (the general mailing list for all things conference
related)
Evergreen Conference Sponsorships and Exhibits  (the list to track
sponsorship, exhibit, and any vendor issues)
Evergreen Conference Registration  (I suggest this as a separate list as
EventBrite sends an email confirmation for EVERY registration, which gets
crazy right before the conference)
Evergreen Conference Programs (the mailing list for program submissions and
communication)

These lists would be part of the groups of lists here:

I have copied Chris Sharp into this email as I believe he has the power to
create these mailing lists and I would like his input on whether that is
possible if the EOB is in agreement that we should request this.

Thanks in advance!
Grace

--
Grace Dunbar, Vice President