[Eg-oversight-board] Fwd: Evergreen participation in Outreachy?

Tim Spindler tjspindler at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 17:13:46 EDT 2016

Lori,

I'm not sure if part of the perception issue is related to funding.  I'm
not sure libraries/consortia adopting open source always understand that
their commitment has to go beyond just making suggestions if they want to
affect improvements and see specific features.  There has to be a
commitment of funds to develop and or hiring developers.  I know in C/W
MARS some of our member libraries did not thoroughly understand this
commitment when we migrated to Evergreen.

I also agree that it would be good for the community to find ways to bring
more developers into the fold.

Tim Spindler
Executive Director | C/W MARS

Tim Spindler
tjspindler at gmail.com

*P**   Go Green - **Save a tree! Please don't print this e-mail unless it's
really necessary.*