[Eg-oversight-board] Agenda for tomorrow's EOB meeting

Ruth Frasur director at hagerstownlibrary.org
Thu Sep 22 16:19:53 EDT 2016

Reading.  And agreeing.  There were a lot of comments that were covered up
by laughter or speed talking.  I'm honestly a little tired of hearing about
how everything is because of a small staff.  It's the responsibility of an
organization to know their limitations, not to blame those they serve for
not making it easier nor use size as a reason for unsatisfactory
performance of agreed on services.  I think one question that we (I)
neglected to ask was if the individual working on the accounting software
has both an accounting and software background.  I'm not sure that it
really matters at this point, but I'd be curious to know.

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 9:42 AM, Terran McCanna <
tmccanna at georgialibraries.org> wrote:

> Agreed. It looks like we don't have many viable alternatives, but the
> accounting practices are extremely concerning. They need to be more
> transparent, and we probably ought to keep our own running ledger to
> reconcile against theirs.
>
> Terran McCanna
> PINES Program Manager
> Georgia Public Library Service
> 1800 Century Place, Suite 150
> Atlanta, GA 30345
> 404-235-7138
> tmccanna at georgialibraries.org
>

> On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 8:31 AM, Tim Spindler <tjspindler at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Ron et al.,
>>
>> I think I missed the issue about paying interns.  That would be
>> disconcerting.
>>
>> I think it ended positively but I still have concerns about the
>> accounting practices and responsiveness.  I am hopeful that the changes
>> they are planning will be positive.
>>
>> Tim
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 3:49 PM, Gagnon, Ron <gagnon at noblenet.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Grace and all,
>>> Personally I was appalled that the SFC admitted they have to add pennies
>>> to keep track of payments to their interns!  Though I don't have a better
>>> alternative service to offer, I have serious concerns about them holding
>>> our money.
>>>
>>> Having been on the Massachusetts conference committee a few years ago, I
>>> feel that finding sponsors and vendors to underwrite the conference was one
>>> of the more difficult things, if only because it's something we never have
>>> to.  I know this was touched on today and progress is being made on some
>>> continuity, and that is good news.
>>>
>>> Ron

>>> --
>>> Ronald A. Gagnon
>>> Executive Director
>>> North Of Boston Library Exchange (NOBLE)
>>> Danvers, Massachusetts  01923
>>> 978-777-8844
>>> www.noblenet.org

>>> ersight-board
>>>

>> --
>> Tim Spindler
>> tjspindler at gmail.com
>>
>> *P**   Go Green - **Save a tree! Please don't print this e-mail unless
>> it's really necessary.*

Ruth Frasur
Director of the Historic(ally Awesome) Hagerstown - Jefferson Township
Library
10 W. College Street in Hagerstown, Indiana (47346)
p (765) 489-5632; f (765) 489-5808

*Our Kickin' Website <http://hagerstownlibrary.org>,  Our Rockin' Facebook
Page <http://facebook.com/hjtplibrary>,  and The Nettle Creek Players
<http://nettlecreekplayers.com>*