[Eg-oversight-board] Release Manager and Outreach Committee reports

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Thu Mar 16 10:48:13 EDT 2017

Hi all,

Sending along the Release Manager and Outreach Committee reports for
today's meeting. The reports are also available on the agenda.

Release Manager's Report
  * Galen Charlton cut the 2.12 Release Candidate yesterday. The release
candidate includes 80 documentation and bug-fix commits that have been
added since the beta release.

* Following a recommendation that came from discussion at the 2016
hack-a-way, Terran McCanna coordinated a Bug Squashing Week instead of
our usual Bug Squashing Day. Terran counted 245 individual bug squashing
actions that occurred during the week. There were 21 bug fixes merged
during the week, and many of the bugs tested during the week have since
been merged. Scheduling a full week of Bug Squashing after a beta
release is something I highly recommend for future releases.

* The 2.12.0 full release is scheduled for Wednesday, March 22, provided
we don't find any showstopper bugs between now and then.

Outreach Committee Report
* The Outreach Committee is busy working on this year's annual report.

* Rogan Hamby has put out a call for Evergreen sites to complete our
annual community survey (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YS5RLRG). Please
make sure somebody from your institution fills out the survey. It is
critical to providing accurate numbers when we are citing the number of
Evergreen libraries in our press materials.

* The Outreach Committee is requesting authorization from the Board to
expend $1,200 for the printing of the annual reports. Last year, we had
a community volunteer quickly print these reports at the last minute.
However, the community believes the report should be printed by a
professional. We have a quote for just under $1,200 to print 300
saddle-stitched reports on 100# Glossy White paper.

Kathy

--
Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator