[Eg-oversight-board] Officer elections

Grace Dunbar gdunbar at equinoxinitiative.org
Thu Mar 23 18:23:32 EDT 2017

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 3:28 PM, Terran McCanna <
tmccanna at georgialibraries.org> wrote:

> 2) I do not mind sending the reminders to the group next week for voting
> (Grace - will you send me the links to the voting forms and results, or
> will it be easier for you if I create the forms myself?)

Hi Terran,
OpaVote make things easy.  All you have to do is say, "make an election",
plug in the nominees, add the addresses of all the voters, and click "start
vote" - when everyone has voted (which you can see from the console - but
not *how* they voted) you click "stop vote" and it can send an automatic
email to all voters.

If you want to manage the people wrangling... reminding people that they
have to be available at certain times next week ... making sure people opt
out if they don't want to be considered, etc.  Then I'll just hit the right
buttons in OpaVote when you tell me to.  Or, if you or others want to learn
to use OpaVote we can have a webinar where I can show the basics.

Thanks!
Grace