[Eg-oversight-board] Final conference thoughts

Andrea Buntz Neiman abneiman at equinoxinitiative.org
Thu May 25 14:48:45 EDT 2017

>From the peanut gallery...

I really enjoyed the community member speeches in Boston.  I'd be in favor
of doing something similar in lieu of an opening keynote, perhaps in
combination with a welcome/conference overview from the local conference
chair.

The State of Evergreen/Board Update in addition to the Developer Update
makes for a good closing/last day segment, IMO.

Andrea

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 2:23 PM, Holly Brennan <haderhold at ci.homer.ak.us>
wrote:

> >>If we were to get rid of the keynote, what would replace it?
>

> Icebreaker games! (Ahh! Just kidding)
>

> At the Boston conference in 2014 three Evergreen members did short
> 5-minute talks on the theme of “our experiences with Evergreen”, just prior
> to the Keynote. They were lumped together as State of Evergreen… I really
> enjoyed listening to more casual speeches by our own community, so a longer
> block for an individual or couple people doing something like that would be
> nice. That or a Blake GH magic show. J
>

> -Holly

Andrea Buntz Neiman
Project Manager for Software Development
Equinox Open Library Initiative
abneiman at equinoxinitiative.org
1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
*www.equinoxinitiative.org <http://www.equinoxinitiative.org>*