[Eg-oversight-board] Final conference thoughts

Grace Dunbar grace at equinoxinitiative.org
Thu May 25 14:59:02 EDT 2017

Kathy and I were talking about keynotes earlier.
I suggested replacing them with invited local speakers who would/could give
regular program sessions.  IOW, we would still retain the benefit of having
outside ideas and perspectives but not in a keynote.
For example, if the conference was back in Michigan I might suggest Charles
Watkinson <https://www.lib.umich.edu/users/watkinc> from University of
Michigan who is deeply involved in the open scholarly publishing  model.
Just a random idea...
:)
/me fades into the background again
Grace