[Eg-oversight-board] Evergreen Project By-Laws

Holly Brennan haderhold at ci.homer.ak.us
Mon Apr 9 13:13:04 EDT 2018

>>A note from the peanut gallery re vote qualification -- my understanding is that in addition to the things that Tim listed, one is also (currently) qualified to vote by simply being an employee of an institution running Evergreen, regardless of any other contribution.  This may be a fine distinction, but I would be wary of excluding smaller organizations from the vote pool if this were lost.

I noticed that clause missing, too, Andrea. I have voted in election since 2013, because I am a user of Evergreen. This is the requirement phrase I pulled up from past election emails:

Register to Vote for Evergreen Oversight Board Members

To be eligible to vote in the elections, you must either be an individual who has contributed code, documentation, or other work to the Evergreen Project, or you must be employed by an institution that is contributing to the project by virtue of running Evergreen.

A similar phrase is located in the EOB Term section 2.4, which states that “Nominations may be made by any individual who has contributed to Evergreen or who is employed by an institution that runs Evergreen.

We should probably get this phrase/requirement standardized….

-Holly

ABN