[Eg-oversight-board] Updated By-Laws

Ruth Frasur director at hagerstownlibrary.org
Fri Apr 20 11:02:37 EDT 2018

I'm just nodding which doesn't translate well to email.

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 11:00 AM, Terran McCanna <
tmccanna at georgialibraries.org> wrote:

> Me too!
>
> Terran McCanna
> PINES Program Manager
> Georgia Public Library Service
> 1800 Century Place, Suite 150
> Atlanta, GA 30345
> 404-235-7138
> tmccanna at georgialibraries.org
>

> On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 10:56 AM, Timothy Spindler <tspindler at cwmars.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Sounds good to me.
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 10:54 AM Mike Rylander <mrylander at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I am fine with Scott's suggested wording if we want to require two board
>>> members be on a committee, and that the chair must be a board member.  In
>>> particular, I am thinking of the conference committee, where we have a few
>>> folks with concentrated knowledge that would be ideal for chairing the
>>> committee, but may not be serving on the board in any given year.
>>>
>>> How about the following instead:
>>>
>>> Section 4:3 Other Committees.
>>> The Corporation may have other Committees consisting of at least one
>>> Director appointed by a majority of all the Directors in office, and at
>>> least one additional individual from within the Evergreen user community,
>>> regardless whether that individual serve on the board at the time of
>>> committee appointment, appointed by a majority of all the Directors in
>>> office. Such other committees shall have such purposes and such powers as
>>> the Board may confer, subject to the limitations described in Section 4:4
>>> below. The Board shall appoint two or more individuals, one of which must
>>> be a Director in office, as members of any such Committee and the Board
>>> shall shall designate one such Committee member as the chair of the
>>> Committee. Subject to Section 4:4 below, the Board shall have the power at
>>> any time to expand or limit the authority of, dissolve, and fill vacancies
>>> in, or change the membership of, any such Committee.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>

>>> --
>>> Mike Rylander
>>>  | President
>>>  | Equinox Open Library Initiative
>>>  | phone:  1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
>>>  | email:  miker at equinoxinitiative.org
>>>  | web:  http://equinoxinitiative.org

Ruth Frasur
Director of the Historic(ally Awesome) Hagerstown - Jefferson Township
Library
10 W. College Street in Hagerstown, Indiana (47346)
p (765) 489-5632; f (765) 489-5808

*Our Kickin' Website <http://hagerstownlibrary.org>,  Our Rockin' Facebook
Page <http://facebook.com/hjtplibrary>,  and The Nettle Creek Players
<http://nettlecreekplayers.com>*