[Eg-oversight-board] Updated By-Laws

scott.thomas at sparkpa.org scott.thomas at sparkpa.org
Fri Apr 20 12:44:19 EDT 2018

I like Mike’s language.

From: eg-oversight-board [mailto:eg-oversight-board-bounces at list.evergreen-ils.org] On Behalf Of Ruth Frasur
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2018 11:03 AM
To: Terran McCanna <tmccanna at georgialibraries.org>
Cc: Oversight Board <eg-oversight-board at list.evergreen-ils.org>
Subject: Re: [Eg-oversight-board] Updated By-Laws

I'm just nodding which doesn't translate well to email.

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 11:00 AM, Terran McCanna <tmccanna at georgialibraries.org<mailto:tmccanna at georgialibraries.org>> wrote:
Me too!

Terran McCanna
PINES Program Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Suite 150
Atlanta, GA 30345
404-235-7138
tmccanna at georgialibraries.org<mailto:tmccanna at georgialibraries.org>

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 10:56 AM, Timothy Spindler <tspindler at cwmars.org<mailto:tspindler at cwmars.org>> wrote:
Sounds good to me.

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 10:54 AM Mike Rylander <mrylander at gmail.com<mailto:mrylander at gmail.com>> wrote:
I am fine with Scott's suggested wording if we want to require two board members be on a committee, and that the chair must be a board member.  In particular, I am thinking of the conference committee, where we have a few folks with concentrated knowledge that would be ideal for chairing the committee, but may not be serving on the board in any given year.

How about the following instead:

Section 4:3 Other Committees.
The Corporation may have other Committees consisting of at least one Director appointed by a majority of all the Directors in office, and at least one additional individual from within the Evergreen user community, regardless whether that individual serve on the board at the time of committee appointment, appointed by a majority of all the Directors in office. Such other committees shall have such purposes and such powers as the Board may confer, subject to the limitations described in Section 4:4 below. The Board shall appoint two or more individuals, one of which must be a Director in office, as members of any such Committee and the Board shall shall designate one such Committee member as the chair of the Committee. Subject to Section 4:4 below, the Board shall have the power at any time to expand or limit the authority of, dissolve, and fill vacancies in, or change the membership of, any such Committee.

Thanks,

--
Mike Rylander