[Eg-oversight-board] December Outreach Report

Rogan Hamby rhamby at equinoxinitiative.org
Thu Dec 20 10:03:48 EST 2018

In advance of the board meeting here is the report for the Outreach
Committee:

There has been interest in doing a conference t-shirt again this year as we
did last year.  However, this requires a couple of things to line up that
are dependent on things outside the Outreach Committee so our Conference
Committee liaison is talking about those issues with them now.  We should
know if we can proceed with that or not next month.  If we do it will be
done as it was last year where the shirts were paid for in advance.

There is an ongoing desire to refresh the website but that is being
tabled.  Volunteers are still maintaining the website but there isn't an
active web group and we would need someone with the time to push that
forward and gather others to help.

Andrea is continuing to lead the recognition program and our second person
was spotlighted this month: Jane Sandberg.  Link:
https://evergreen-ils.org/jane-sandberg-evergreen-contributor-of-the-month/

We've been working forward to a promotion of the community through videos
that could be shared on Youtube and via social media called "I Am
Evergreen."  We are aiming to a very small scale trial of that this year.
Chris Maas is leading that effort and we will have more details next month.

One thing we are doing generally is distributing duties more so that the
chairperson isn't responsible for so much and there's greater continuity.
In that vein Amy Terlaga and Deborah Luchenbill have agreed to take over
the organizing of the ALA Meetups and Ron Gagnon has already taken over
press releases.

We are also looking for someone with social media savvy to join the
Outreach Committee to spearhead some increased online presence targeting
potential adopters of Evergreen.

And I will repeat my call for pictures anyone may have that can be used in
the Annual Report.

Rogan Hamby, MLIS

Data and Project Analyst

Equinox Open Library Initiative