[Eg-oversight-board] 3.1 RM Update

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Fri Jan 19 12:43:25 EST 2018

Hello EOB Members,

I am unfortunately not able to attend the meeting today to give an update on the 3.1 release.  I will be sending a larger update to the whole community very soon, but here are the highlights.

1) For the last point releases, we did an initial trial run of using a signup sheet for splitting build tasks among the buildmaster volunteers.  It is basic, but I do think it will help spread the load over time.  You can see that sheet here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gZayHfF7qK0zwLMEAXt-PbKBMiAM_F6EZguqzIYceBY/edit#gid=0

2) We are five weeks from feature freeze for 3.1.  Things have been relatively quiet, but updates to the roadmap continue to come in:
https://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=faqs:evergreen_roadmap:3.1

3) I have made a first pass at making sure the roadmap and the related bugs in LP are in sync.  As part of this, Remington and I have also made significant progress in getting usable results out of LaunchPad's web API, and are experimenting with generating simpler views as a release "dashboard" of sorts (nothing fancy at this stage).

4) I am a bit behind where I had hoped to be by now in publishing a code-comment summary review of our Perl services.  After a few tries at making something useful, I have dialed things back a bit, but I do believe it will still provide some useful insights.

5) Bill in late December published his first set of notes regarding a transition to Angular from AngularJS.
https://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=dev:browser_staff:angular5
Moving fully over for 3.1 was always a stretch goal, but I think simpler changes like Bill's proposal to switch to Webpack are very doable in this release to help smooth the way.

Sincerely,
Dan

Daniel Wells
Head of Technology Services