[Eg-oversight-board] Evergreen corporate by-laws change requests

Mike Rylander miker at equinoxinitiative.org
Fri Jun 1 10:56:18 EDT 2018

Hi Scott,

Having read up a bit on MO statutes over the last couple days, my
understanding of the way section 3:15 works for us is to allow the
continued use of IRC for the board to discuss issues (under a strict
reading of the statute's "able to hear" requirement, IRC is probably
not going to count as a real meeting, either special or regular) and
to vote on issues, as long as we follow up with a consent document to
memorialize the decisions and hold that in the minute book for the
organization.  The vote would become effective after the consent
document is signed by all board members.  It means some extra
electronic paperwork for the chair and secretary if any votes are held
-- budget approval, etc -- and just it tiny bit for the remainder of
the board in order to sign and email back a copy of the consent
action, but it's our way under MO law to maintain the community
transparency that IRC provides.

If there is sensitive business to address as we provide for in our
current "executive session" concept, we could do that via a Special
Meeting under 3:11.  Votes taken at such a meeting via video or phone
conference are effective immediately, as are votes taken at the annual
and other regular meetings.  No written consent is required there.

Does that help?