[Eg-oversight-board] IRS Form 1023

scott.thomas at sparkpa.org scott.thomas at sparkpa.org
Thu Oct 4 14:57:03 EDT 2018

Hi Jason,
    Thank you for your comments. One thing that the MOBIUS attorneys made very clear: the IRS tends to look askance at open source software projects and suggested emphasizing that our membership is largely comprised of non-profits. I did change this sentence in the narrative:

Members of the Evergreen Community contribute code and documentation, provide training to other libraries, conduct outreach efforts focusing on the larger library community, and organize an annual conference.

Scott