[Eg-oversight-board] Fwd: FW: Stuff for Tomorrow's Meeting

Boyer, Jason A JBoyer at library.IN.gov
Fri Jan 4 07:19:26 EST 2019

Before this is an entire month old I thought I'd better ask, who is collecting the signed COI forms?

Thanks

Jason

--
Jason Boyer
MIS Supervisor
Indiana State Library
http://library.in.gov/

From: eg-oversight-board [mailto:eg-oversight-board-bounces at list.evergreen-ils.org] On Behalf Of Chris Sharp
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 11:19 AM
To: Oversight Board <eg-oversight-board at list.evergreen-ils.org>
Subject: [Eg-oversight-board] Fwd: FW: Stuff for Tomorrow's Meeting

**** This is an EXTERNAL email. Exercise caution. DO NOT open attachments or click links from unknown senders or unexpected email. ****
________________________________
Fowarding for Scott.

From: scott.thomas at sparkpa.org<mailto:scott.thomas at sparkpa.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 8:32 AM
To: eg-oversight-board <eg-oversight-board-bounces at list.evergreen-ils.org<mailto:eg-oversight-board-bounces at list.evergreen-ils.org>>
Subject: Stuff for Tomorrow's Meeting

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend tomorrow’s meeting so I thought I’d pass along my items:

2019 Evergreen Conference: We do have an action item. The Sponsorship / Exhibitor Prospectus is ready for release pending EOB approval. It is important that this is approved tomorrow because it is already weeks behind schedule. It is attached. The “Save the Date” email we sent to potential sponsors and exhibitors has produced several nibbles and some firm commitment including a few new ones. The registration site should be up and running just after the holidays. We had a very good response to our call for proposals. We just have a few empty slots to fill. The Program Committee will now start working to fill in the slots and put together a program. IMPORTANT: Our first $5000 deposit is due to the venue in March. We really can’t say if we will take in enough conference revenue between now and then to pay that so we really need to get our money off of SFC.

Form 1023: Attorney Dilly looked at the current draft of the form and had a few suggestions. The first one we knew about: the Evergreen Project board needs to take action on the attached COI policy and resolution.  We will also need to change the Articles of Incorporation to include a statement about the Evergreen Project’s mission. Attorney Dilly has provided some advice and assistance on that as well and can continue to do so. The 1023 also asks if we have a legal representative. We so, of course, and will need to complete a Form 2848 which is a Power of Attorney form. Attorney Dilly will provide this.

Bank Account: Wells-Fargo will not allow us to open an account because we need something called a Certificate of Good Standing. I have asked Attorney Dilly for advice on how to obtain this. MOBIUS will be taking in the conference-related money for us until we get our own account.  A big thank you to MOBIUS.

Also, a big thank you to Jessica for making all of the contacts with the attorney.

Scott Thomas
Executive Director
PaILS / SPARK
(717) 873-9461
scott.thomas at sparkpa.org<mailto:scott.thomas at sparkpa.org>
Stay informed! Join the SPARK-User Email List:

[https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/9pjq4QqDyXzmdu4lwlOmPsU6KNddy0uD82ovcOTkBkuNwHYptL84qTIWZZHG1EzANrT4S9mHLhFFoqc8PURuK82O4V5gCP5ml6DHTY4qm2gLYLibpOucigxHmFjy56O-dASNbY4D]

Chris Sharp, PINES System Administrator

Georgia Public Library Service

1800 Century Place NE Suite 580 l Atlanta, GA 30345

(404) 235-7147 | csharp at georgialibraries.org<mailto:csharp at georgialibraries.org>

[https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/tqlkhgoMAsSvrZmGm4rOpE8ZaMe3oWbqz_nk4CmnulwDR2OzjdEO9nbj9-5lrsjwafv5cwFcyomuROrbfkK9h0zBzdAq_sBiciuHsVZjgDaQ0frwnKj6MSjg_j-gWeAnQNVglMKw]<https://www.facebook.com/georgialibraries> [https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/OPAvBtEyUqlgN3HcysNVw3k2K7OFI7GcoU6Alvl7xPZ1_qL7BuQY4wexd4r_qbM6rtxDl8bn9xM5Qqt22lPcA7HADVorzjcQkfn-jLnWE95WktXLll3uQuQc37x3m0OOBGG44mnB] <https://www.twitter.com/georgialibs>