[Evergreen-acq] Changing ILS - Acquisitions

Galen Charlton gmc at equinoxinitiative.org
Thu Aug 3 17:23:51 EDT 2017

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 2:46 PM, Leslie St. John
<lstjohn at georgialibraries.org> wrote:
> We will be bringing in to our consortium a new library system that is
> already using Acquisitions from another ILS. I wonder, has anyone every
> migrated Acqusitions data from one ILS to another?  I can't imagine it, but
> there's at least one vendor out there who thinks this can be done.
> If yes, please reply ON the list.

We've migrated acquisitions data for several libraries. Provider
records tend to be straightforward to deal with, although setting up
EDI profiles tends to be done manually. We've also migrated funds,
fund allocations, orders, line items, and invoices. We typically
recommend that libraries just migrate data for the current fiscal year
and compile whatever reports they need from past fiscal years to keep
their auditors happy, but have migrated data for back fiscal years on
one or two occasions.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
Infrastructure and Added Services Manager