[Evergreen-acq] Problem when activating a PO with a line not linked to the catalog in 3.1.13

Goben, Anna AGoben at library.IN.gov
Fri Sep 13 07:30:27 EDT 2019

I have!  And also in 3.2.

-Anna

Anna Goben
Evergreen Indiana Coordinator
Indiana State Library
140 N Senate Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46204
317-234-6624
Fax: 317-232-1925

From: Evergreen-acq [mailto:evergreen-acq-bounces at list.evergreen-ils.org] On Behalf Of Mary Llewellyn
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2019 5:50 PM
To: Discussion of acquisitions in Evergreen <evergreen-acq at list.evergreen-ils.org>
Subject: [Evergreen-acq] Problem when activating a PO with a line not linked to the catalog in 3.1.13

**** This is an EXTERNAL email. Exercise caution. DO NOT open attachments or click links from unknown senders or unexpected email. ****
________________________________
Hi all,

I've tested this in both XUL and Web client 3.1.13.

Has anyone encountered this issue? When I have a PO lineitem that isn't linked to the catalog, activating the PO brings me to the Vandelay screen where I fill in a new queue name. The problem comes after I click on submit.
The window pops up saying Creating bib, call number, and copy records. Real copies processed  progress bar goes to 100% and then hangs.

When I give up and close that window myself, I don't get returned to the PO unless (in XUL) I refresh, or (in web) I click on Open in a new Window.

When I get back to the PO, the lineitem is linked to the catalog, but the PO hasn't been activated. I have to click on Activate again to get it to finish this process.

I know it didn't behave this way before. And considering our libraries usually upload Vendor records to create their POs, maybe they won't stumble on this. I just wondered if others have experienced it, or if it's just us.

Thanks,

Mary

--
Mary Llewellyn