[Evergreen-acq] Ordering a mix of print books and ebooks with EDI turned on

Jane Sandberg sandbej at linnbenton.edu
Wed Oct 28 19:09:36 EDT 2020

Hi friends,

We purchase both ebooks and print books from a particular book vendor.
Since we are using EDI for the print books, it gets tricky to figure out
what to do for ebooks.

One issue is that the Evergreen line item details don't have a field for
ebook platform or ebook license (e.g. whether it is a 1-user, 3-user, or
unlimited-user license).  We need to be able to convey that information
somehow via EDI in order for the vendor to know what we want.

A trickier issue is that we don't want any on-order item records to get
generated for ebooks, or to have to go through the "receive" process.

How are other libraries handling this?

Thanks,

  -Jane

--