[Evergreen-acq] Advanced shipping notice (ASN) to receive in Evergreen

Galen Charlton gmc at equinoxoli.org
Thu Oct 21 13:51:57 EDT 2021

Hi,

I believe that as far as EDIFACT is concerned, the DESADV (despatch advice)
is used in the commercial book trade for advanced shipping notifications.
However, it appears that EDItEUR doesn't include DESADV in their profile
for library book supply EDI [1], and in any event Evergreen currently does
not support DESADV messages. However, it looks like EBSCO might be able to
send DESADV notices for serial subscriptions. [2]

In any event, I'd be curious to know if any materials vendors are known to
offer sending EDIFACT DESADV messages.

[1] https://www.editeur.org/31/Library-Book-Supply/
[2]
https://www.editeur.org/files/Collaborations/ICEDIS/20121018_Standards_Supported_by_ICEDIS_Members_TD_master.pdf