[Evergreen-acq] Does anyone use Evergreen Serials to manage subscriptions, receive new issues, and claim missing copies?

Frasur, Ruth RFrasur at library.IN.gov
Wed Aug 10 08:20:35 EDT 2022

Elizabeth,

We have two libraries in our consortium that use serials to different extents.  Porter County Public Library System (Jackie Randazzo) uses serials for all the tasks you've described.  Hussey Mayfield Memorial Public Library (Sarah Childs) uses serials to a little more limited degree.

We haven't made a huge deal of promoting the functionality because the configuring the prediction patterns isn't as intuitive as a general end user (the person managing the subscriptions and configuring prediction patterns) in our libraries might need.  We don't have any specific development projects on the horizon, and don't use BiblioCommons.  We are, however, interested in any discussion that might be had in terms of development of this module, and are investigating discovery layers.

Ruth Frasur (she/they)
Coordinator
Evergreen Indiana Library Consortium
Evergreen Community Development Initiative
Indiana State Library
140 N. Senate Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46204
(317) 232-3691

From: Evergreen-acq <evergreen-acq-bounces at list.evergreen-ils.org> On Behalf Of Elizabeth McLean via Evergreen-acq
Sent: Tuesday, August 9, 2022 2:05 PM
To: evergreen-acq at list.evergreen-ils.org; Evergreen Community Catalogers <evergreen-catalogers at list.evergreen-ils.org>
Cc: Elizabeth McLean <lmclean at kcls.org>

**** This is an EXTERNAL email. Exercise caution. DO NOT open attachments or click links from unknown senders or unexpected email. ****

  *   What are your pain points?
  *   Do you have development projects on the horizon?
  *   Do you use BiblioCommons as your OPAC?

Thank you,
Libby McLean

Elizabeth (Libby) McLean (she/her)
Cataloging Librarian
King County Library System
Cataloging and Processing Services
425.369.3345
lmclean at kcls.org<https://protect2.fireeye.com/v1/url?k=31323334-50bba2bf-31367a34-4544474f5631-aeba5d083f602a13&q=1&e=72a302eb-10cb-490f-b89b-779b31227333&u=http%3A%2F%2Flmclean%40kcls.org%2F>
[email_logo]<https://protect2.fireeye.com/v1/url?k=31323334-50bba2bf-31367a34-4544474f5631-4d2385e1df2d11d9&q=1&e=72a302eb-10cb-490f-b89b-779b31227333&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kcls.org%2F>
[LGBTQ+_rainbow_flag_Quasar__Progress__variant.svg]