[Evergreen-acq] Consortial support-acq logins

Galen Charlton gmc at equinoxoli.org
Mon May 8 11:33:12 EDT 2023

Hi,

On Mon, May 8, 2023 at 10:16 AM Frasur, Ruth via Evergreen-acq <
evergreen-acq at list.evergreen-ils.org> wrote:

> Because the libraries that I’ve needed to support had funds associated
> with different branches that might show up in the same PO, this is my best
> practice.  I know when we were first getting our largest acq library set
> up, we had to make sure their acq admins had system permissions (which
> would include all branches in the user permission editor <- comment added
> for anyone reading who doesn’t know this yet (not Tiffany)).  It would be
> AMAZING to be able to select a system for those who work across all
> branches…or some other scoped sets like consortium or library groups).

Thinking aloud, the current workstation for a staff login sets the default
selected library in most OU selectors in the staff interface, but it
doesn't change the set of libraries / working locations that the user has
permissions for. In the context of somebody doing acquisitions for multiple
systems, it occurs to me that it might be handy to have a mode where the
user can voluntarily specify that they only want to see stuff related to
their workstation's OU (or the system that the OU belongs to) as a way of
reducing confusion when they're explicitly working for System A (as opposed
to the other systems that they may do acq for).

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton