[Evergreen-acq] Frustrating problem

Tiffany Little tlittle at georgialibraries.org
Tue Feb 20 16:59:43 EST 2024

I think there was a little confusion when we first went to the new Angular
PO interface, but I think it's settled now. (Or at least I haven't heard
otherwise.) Although that modal is analogous to the old batch updater, for
some reason having it in its own modal doesn't seem as intuitive. There's
an open bug to return it to the main page of the PO rather than in the
actions menu: https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/2000588

There was also some confusion because in Dojo we could only use the batch
updater, and in Angular you have the option to either replace (batch
update) or a straight addition of items to line items (Add Items). So
making the distinction between them was a little shaky at first.

I also always used to explain the old batch updater as a "replacer, not an
add to", for what it's worth. So maybe the word "replace" would help?

I wonder if having the Item Count on the same row as the other fields (like
the old batch updater) might help bridge the adjustment gap?

It's almost 5:00 here, so I think I'm just throwing spaghetti at the wall.
Hopefully something in there was helpful!

Tiffany

Tiffany Little, PINES Bibliographic Projects Manager

Georgia Public Library Service

2872 Woodcock Blvd, Suite 250 | Atlanta, GA 30341

(404) 235-7161 | tlittle at georgialibraries.org

Join our email list <http://georgialibraries.org/> for stories of Georgia
libraries making an impact in our communities.