[Evergreen-admin] OpenSRF version check and updating

Anoop Atre aatre at esilibrary.com
Fri Nov 9 11:55:33 EST 2012

Hey Alexey
There really isn't a way to "check" the OpenSRF version I usually
keep/look at the tar file from the previous installs since the version
number is in the name.

Yes you can install a new version "on top" of an existing OpenSRF
install as part of doing an Evergreen upgrade. Here's an old OpenSRF
upgrade doc - http://www.open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=opensrf:upgrading

You'd have better/faster responses on the general mailing list :)

On 11/09/2012 10:20 AM, Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich wrote:
> Hello.
>
> These may be silly questions, but...
>
> 1. How do I check what version of OpenSRF is currently running on a system?
>
> 2. Is it a bad idea to install a new version of OpenSRF "on top" of the currently installed version?
>
> Also, Anoop, are you and I the only two people on this list?
>
> Alexey Lazar
> PALS
> Information System Developer and Integrator
> 507-389-2907
> http://www.mnpals.org/

Anoop Atre