[Evergreen-admin] Marc import confusion

Stephen Hovey hoveys at buffalolib.org
Mon Feb 25 06:50:03 EST 2013

I'm scoping out evergreen as a possible replacement for our current ILS, and am finding the docs a little weak.

I followed the docs/example for importing marc records.

http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-admin:importing:bibrecords

The convert to bre went ok.

The following ingest step errors, telling me that it is no longer necessary and to directly import the objects.

It should tell me HOW, or what program to use at least.  Anyway from what I can google, I figured I should be running pg_loader.pl.

I did so, and after a short while of running it stops with the only message being 'Killed'

Is there newer documentation anywhere on this?

The Buffalo & Erie County Public Library System has more than 2.6 million materials available for borrowing including books, eBooks, DVDs, music and more. Free library card applications can be downloaded and taken to any of the 37- local public libraries for processing. A valid form of identification and proof of address is necessary. For more information call 716-858-8900 or visit www.BuffaloLib.org .