[Evergreen-admin] SIP Administration and Testing-->Where do these values come from?

Tony Bandy tonyb at ohionet.org
Wed Jan 2 15:05:20 EST 2013

Hi all,

Please pardon any duplication....but was wondering if I might ask some
questions about SIP testing for Evergreen?

---------------

When looking at the SIP information for Evergreen, located here:
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-admin:sip, this has
proved useful and works.

However,

When I get down to doing the test for patron data, the documentation says
to cut-n-paste this line in:

2300120080623    172148AO**$instid**|AA**$barcode**|AC$password|AD**$password**

The variables I can understand, but what about the first "2300..." string
of numbers as well as the "172148..." string.  Are these universal numbers
that must be used for testing?  There's not a whole lot of documentation on
why these numbers need to be included....

Any additional links you can provide would be helpful for doing my patron
testings through the SIP access.....

Thank-you in advance for any help you can provide....

Tony

--
Tony Bandy
tonyb at ohionet.org