[Evergreen-admin] SIP Administration and Testing-->Where do these values come from?

Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich alexey.lazar at mnsu.edu
Thu Jan 3 11:15:54 EST 2013

On 2013-01-02, at 14:05 , Tony Bandy <tonyb at ohionet.org> wrote:

> When looking at the SIP information for Evergreen, located here: http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-admin:sip, this has proved useful and works.
>
> However,
>
> When I get down to doing the test for patron data, the documentation says to cut-n-paste this line in:
>

> 2300120080623    172148AO**$instid**|AA**$barcode**|AC$password|AD**$password**
>

> The variables I can understand, but what about the first "2300..." string of numbers as well as the "172148..." string.  Are these universal numbers that must be used for testing?  There's not a whole lot of documentation on why these numbers need to be included....
>
> Any additional links you can provide would be helpful for doing my patron testings through the SIP access.....

Hi, Tony.

Check out the 3M SIP protocol specification. It is a relatively brief document and should explain what all those numbers mean.

I would paste a direct link here, but it was so horribly long that it's just easier to google "3m sip".

Aleksey Lazar
PALS
IS Developer and Intergrator
507-389-2907