[Evergreen-admin] Evergreen server installation problem

Petr Brož petr.broz at heaven-industries.com
Fri Mar 29 05:48:28 EDT 2013

Hello Alexey,

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 11:06 PM, Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich <
alexey.lazar at mnsu.edu> wrote:

> Hi, Petr.
>
> On 2013-03-24, at 08:27 , Petr Brož <petr.broz at heaven-industries.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 3:32 PM, Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich <
> alexey.lazar at mnsu.edu> wrote:
> > OpenSRF does have to be installed prior to running Evergreen. Then,
> after installing OpenSRF, you need to go in and fix the config files to
> work with Evergreen. Somewhat confusingly, OpenSRF and Evergreen use the
> same configuration files, but the format required for Evergreen is
> different. Specifics are in the documentation.
> >
> > Ok. I will ignore OpenSRF (problems) for the moment.
>
> Well, I no longer recall what problems you are referring to, but jsut to
> repeat that OpenSRF has to be installed and running before Evergreen can
> run.

Sorry, I misread your first comment on OpenSRF.

My initial problem was that following the installation instructions I have
come to point "11. Testing connections to Evergreen" where it says to login
as egadmin using srsfh and this failed with "Received no data from server".

I the hindsight is seems that OpenSRF was not running at that moment. I
have noticed that OpenSRF does not start automatically when I restart the
server and It is possible that I have restarted the server during the
installation procedure.

What is the proper way to make OpenSRF start automatically after server
restart?

I have then proceeded with the troubleshooting instructions (
http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=troubleshooting:checking_for_errors)
and finished in "Step 7 Start OpenSRF C services and check for errors"
where it says "If the C services do appear to have started, then let's
double check by grepping the log files for errors like so: grep ERR
/openils/var/log/*.log. If you encounter any output from that command,
please stop here and contact the development community as stated above." I
encountered some errors so I have stopped and contacted the development
community. I get errors like these:

/openils/var/log/osrfsys.log:open-ils.pcrud 2013-03-29 08:58:27
[DEBG:1874:oils_sql.c:435:] No data found for class [ssr]: 0, ERROR:
 "search_result" is a composite type
/openils/var/log/osrfsys.log:open-ils.reporter-store 2013-03-29 08:58:28
[DEBG:1873:oils_sql.c:435:] No data found for class [ssr]: 0, ERROR:
 "search_result" is a composite type
/openils/var/log/osrfsys.log:open-ils.cstore 2013-03-29 08:58:28
[DEBG:1872:oils_sql.c:435:] No data found for class [ssr]: 0, ERROR:
 "search_result" is a composite type
/openils/var/log/osrfsys.log:open-ils.reporter-store 2013-03-29 08:58:29
[DEBG:1873:oils_sql.c:435:] No data found for class [bmpc]: 0, ERROR:
 "marc21_physical_characteristics" is a composite type
/openils/var/log/osrfsys.log:open-ils.pcrud 2013-03-29 08:58:29
[DEBG:1874:oils_sql.c:435:] No data found for class [bmpc]: 0, ERROR:
 "marc21_physical_characteristics" is a composite type

Anyway, I have now tried to ignore these errors and was able to
successfully login as egadmin using srsfh.

As long as the <hostname> matches the current actual hostname of your
> server at the time when you are running the script, it should not matter
> for the DB creation script. Pretty much all these values you get to choose.
> I would also recommend storing the usernames and passwords somewhere, e.g.,
> KeePassX.

Yes, the hostname matched at the script creation time.

> Well, I have never worked with AWS specifically, so I do not know what you
> need to do for sure. What I do know is that using localhost will refer to
> the machine you are on regardless of what it is named.

I don't think that AWS has anything to do with the problems. It's most
likely my lack of experience and probably some holes in the documentation.

> Did you run autogen.sh -u? Does your database have data in it? Are you
> able to access the opac through the web browser?

 I have now been able to successfully run "/openils/bin/autogen.sh -c
/openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -u" and it has only complained that "illegal
option -- c" but otherwise ran ok.

I do not know how to check that the database has data in it but opac access
through web browser is working.

I will now go on to install the staff client.

Thank you for your help.

Petr

P.S. Do you think that I should worry about the errors in osrfsys.log?