[Evergreen-admin] Adding a new facet

Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich alexey.lazar at mnsu.edu
Thu Jun 5 12:01:26 EDT 2014

Kathy,

Thanks for the tip.

I’ve used this reingest [1] approach before, but post upgrading to 2.5 requiring the full reingest for browse to work, I tried that method on a test server and it took 48 hours. Granted, the server was not properly optimized for that data set, but still that was pretty brutal.

Thankfully, Jason Stephenson wrote this Parallel Metabib Reingest method [2], [3], which is just great. It was fairly simple to configure and I ran it safely on live systems without affecting the system operations, only taking a few hours (although I did have to mitigate the excessive WAL log issue).

As far as my facet… Right now I need to pause for doing some upgrading to 2.5.4, but afterwards I will re-test again with a fresh set of data and following your recommendations.

Thank you.

Aleksey

--

[1] http://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=scratchpad:random_magic_spells#reingesting_bib_and_authority_records_20_and_later