[Evergreen-catalogers] Deleting Items from Copy Buckets

Mary Llewellyn mllewell at biblio.org
Thu Jul 19 21:16:33 EDT 2012

Hi Sarah,

I haven't heard of any of our libraries running into that, so thanks for the heads-up, but I wanted to suggest an option for restoring items if it should happen again. I don't know if you have access to the database and SQL, but you could scan the item barcodes into a list in a text file or csv file, and give them to your sys admin to "undelete" them. If they are still in the bucket, perhaps you can export them from Evergreen as a csv file.

Nothing deleted really leaves the data table, it just has a flag for "deleted" being true or false, governing whether a bib or item can be seen.

To change the flag, the query would be something like

UPDATE asset.copy
set deleted = 'f'
where barcode in (3400988765,
34000987655,
[etc.])

Your list of barcodes goes in the parentheses, separated by commas, so that the query changes only those items.

This is much less work than re-adding your accidental deletions.

Mary

Mary Llewellyn
Database Manager
Bibliomation