[Evergreen-catalogers] Automatic call number fill in

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Fri Jun 22 00:48:16 EDT 2012

> At this point, they just want a way to turn this feature off for their
> libraries.   I think an improvement that might make a difference would be
> to have the call number only brought in when using a template that
> specified Dewey or LC.

FWIW, all of this is configurable.

By default, EG looks for call numbers in the following places based on
class and grabs the first one it finds:

Generic: 050ab,055ab,060ab,070ab,080ab,082ab,086ab,088ab,090,092,096,098,099
Dewey: 080ab,082ab,092abef
Library of Congress: 050ab,055ab,090abef

There's no GUI for tweaking this, alas, but your database admin can do it.

If you don't want any auto-call number at all, just remove those tags
from the field column in table asset.call_number_class.  Or, you could
create a whole new call number classification that sorts like one of
the existing ones (based on the normalizer column), but doesn't
provide auto-call numbers.

--
Jason Etheridge
http://evergreen-ils.org