[Evergreen-catalogers] Automatic call number fill in

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Fri Jun 22 10:18:52 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 8:11 AM, Hardy, Elaine
<ehardy at georgialibraries.org> wrote:
> I much preferred earlier versions where the suggested call number was in
> the batch apply area and not in the call number box. While one can still
> edit and then apply the call number in the batch apply area and have it
> supersede all the call number boxes, it just was a little cleaner to
> perception of the functionality.

We could make Yet Another Org Unit Setting for the behavior.  I think
the mindset at work now is go for speed, fewer clicks by default.
That said, I'd expect for the batch drop-down to be set to the value
that's being applied to make it more obvious where the call number is
coming from, and for you to be able to apply the blank entry, which
doesn't seem to work.

--
Jason Etheridge
http://evergreen-ils.org