[Evergreen-catalogers] Automatic call number fill in

sarahc at zionsville.lib.in.us sarahc at zionsville.lib.in.us
Fri Jun 22 11:08:24 EDT 2012

Thanks, Jason. Glad I asked!

Thanks for the input, everyone. It was really
helpful.

I agree that with Kathy that configurable call number based on
applied on your template would be a great enhancement.

Sarah Childs
Senior Cataloger
Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library
250 North Fifth Street
Zionsville, IN 46077
317-873-3149 x13330
sarahc at zionsville.lib.in.us

>> At this point, they just want a way to turn this feature off
for
>> their
>> libraries.   I think an improvement that might make a
difference
>> would be
>> to have the call number only brought in when using a template
>> that
>> specified Dewey or LC.
>
> FWIW, all of this is configurable.
>
> By default, EG looks for call numbers in the following places
> based on
> class and grabs the first one it finds:
>
> Generic:
> 050ab,055ab,060ab,070ab,080ab,082ab,086ab,088ab,090,092,096,098,099
Dewey: 080ab,082ab,092abef