[Evergreen-catalogers] Automatic call number fill in

sarahc at zionsville.lib.in.us sarahc at zionsville.lib.in.us
Fri Jun 22 13:40:12 EDT 2012

To my mind it makes more sense to alter the generic so that the
default is to supply no call number. If the idea with generic is
that you are going to be creating a non-Dewey, non-LOC call
number, why would you want one of those automatically filled in?
That seems to give it a "brand," doesn't it?

If you want them filled in, you would set Dewey or LOC as the
classification scheme.

Adding a custom classification would make sense if you were going
to auto-fill something other than LOC or Dewey, though.

Sarah Childs
Senior Cataloger
Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library
250 North Fifth Street