[Evergreen-catalogers] MODS indexing and 700 |t

sarahc at zionsville.lib.in.us sarahc at zionsville.lib.in.us
Wed May 2 12:28:08 EDT 2012

> [1] Would it be a good idea to make this part of the default index
> definitions?  I lean towards yes, but if so, I think it should go
> hand-in-hand making sure that 7xx with $t are included in the
> default bib details display in the OPAC.

I lean towards yes also. As far as display, I see the argument as
far as people being able to tell why this record was part of their
search results, but sometimes this can result in a large, perhaps
overwhelming, amount of information displayed. Perhaps if it were
toggle-able that would be good.

> [2] Should it be possible to give names coming from relatedItems a
> different weight for the purposes of relevance ranking?  If the
> answer is yes, that implies that those names would go into
> separate name indexes rather than being added to the existing
> ones.

Yes, absolutely.

Sarah Childs
Senior Cataloger