[Evergreen-catalogers] RDA and the future of Evergreen

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Fri May 4 14:47:33 EDT 2012

There isn't as of yet, that I have heard of. One of the problems with a
conversion matching is that not everything would be a one-to-one because
either AACR2 doesn't require it, or one MARC field can have several bits
of information that would be separate entry in RDA. For example, for some
of the carrier types, it is best expressed in an 007; but 007 isn't a
required field so not all records that should have them do. And, the
values in an 007 mean different things depending on the record format --
007 |g for a map is Production/ reproduction details. The same subfield
for video recording is 	Medium for sound.

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES Bibliographic Projects and Metadata Manager
Georgia Public Library Service,
A Unit of the University System of Georgia
1800 Century Place, Suite 150
Atlanta, Ga. 30345-4304
404.235-7128
404.235-7201, fax