[Evergreen-catalogers] Are these authority bugs affecting you?

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Thu May 17 10:32:23 EDT 2012

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 12:52 PM, Yamil Suarez <ysuarez at berklee.edu> wrote:

> Also, let me clarify that there are at least three separate ways to import
> authority records in EG that I am aware of.
>
> 1) Within the staff client "MARC batch import/export" section, also
> informally called Vandelay (GUI), which is what is currently not working.
>
> 2) The older EG command line "bulk" import tools such as "marc2bre.pl"
>
> 3) The newer ESI created command line import tools
>
> I only found a bug in the Vandelay GUI version and I still need to verify
> that the other two non-GUI authority import methods still work in EG 2.2
> beta2, but I have no assumptions that these two methods would be broken.
>

> Thanks again,
> Yamil

I wanted to alert the cataloging list that a fix was created and
committed for the EG client batch authority import bug that I had
recently mentioned.

Vandelay batch import of authorities does not work, gives JS method error

Many thanks to Bill Erickson for the fix and to Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley
for signing off on the fix.

Yamil