[Evergreen-catalogers] Are these authority bugs affecting you?

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Fri May 11 12:52:44 EDT 2012

On May 11, 2012, at 11:20 AM, Hardy, Elaine wrote:

> Yamil,
>
> PINES is in the process of re-instating our authorities processing
> contract and thus is in the process of testing authorities in
> Evergreen. I
> will pass this along to our cataloging coordinator and ask her to
> join the
> list (if she hasn't already) to discuss these. We have had a problem
> trying to batch load some of our authorities. And the others should
> impact
> us as well.
>
> Elaine

Thank you very much for letting me know about PINES' plans.

I am going to start informally keeping track of those libraries that
are either currently using or testing authorities in EG so we can
better collaborate each other from now on. So others reading this list
feel free to contact me off list to let me know if you want to be
added to my informal list of libraries working or gearing up to work
with authorities.

Also, let me clarify that there are at least three separate ways to
import authority records in EG that I am aware of.

1) Within the staff client "MARC batch import/export" section, also
informally called Vandelay (GUI), which is what is currently not
working.

2) The older EG command line "bulk" import tools such as "marc2bre.pl"

3) The newer ESI created command line import tools

I only found a bug in the Vandelay GUI version and I still need to
verify that the other two non-GUI authority import methods still work
in EG 2.2 beta2, but I have no assumptions that these two methods
would be broken.

Thanks again,
Yamil