[Evergreen-catalogers] Conference discussion: wish list for cataloging

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Tue May 29 14:45:28 EDT 2012

I found some of my notes :

Development issues discussed at CIG meeting:

.         Linking between headings and authority record

.         "See also" searching

.         Ability to batch bib records into buckets

.         Highly configurable spine label printing with ability to use
templates for any printer type

.         Better/more efficient deletion of volumes, copies, records

.         Copy notes: add multiple at same time; group/batch edit;
searchable; more accessible/visible; separate circ and cat permission for
editing.

.         Merging and overlay records: ability to check fields to retain
in target record.

These are just a few of the things we discussed. I thought I had recorded
more that these few, so I may have notes in another place....

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy

PINES Bibliographic Projects and Metadata Manager

Georgia Public Library Service,

A Unit of the University System of Georgia

1800 Century Place, Suite 150

Atlanta, Ga. 30345-4304

404.235-7128

404.235-7201, fax