[Evergreen-catalogers] Authorities in Evergreen

Tony Bandy tonyb at ohionet.org
Mon Sep 17 10:27:45 EDT 2012

Hi all,

Just wanted to piggy-back on this conversation about authority
control, etc. if that's ok?

-----------------

Given the relative unknowns (perhaps only for me) about authority
control in Evergreen, does any consortium or library have an ongoing
authority control contract with an outside vendor to periodically
export the DB, clean-up the records and then also import new, updated
authority control information?

Any information or links or experiences you can share will be most
helpful....our consortium, COOL, is exploring some of these options at
this point....

Tony

Tony Bandy
tonyb at ohionet.org