[Evergreen-catalogers] Batch importation

Elizabeth McLean lmclean at kcls.org
Mon Apr 15 19:42:45 EDT 2013

Hi Meredith,

We created an Import Item Attribute Definition in Marc Batch Import/Export that creates items upon import based on field data in the incoming bibliographic records. The status name must be present in one of the subfields and the call number for the items in another. We asked one of our vendors to add a 945 field with barcode number in subfield $i, call number in subfield $a, short code for circulating library and owning library in subfield $l, circulation modifier in subfield $t, price in subfield $p, shelving location code in subfield $k, and status in subfield $s.  We mapped each subfield in the Import Item Attribute Definition. The bibliographic record has one 945 field for each item. The 945 field looks something like this:

I don't know how to map the call number directly from the bib record 090 field. We have the vendor copy it to the 945 field.

I hope this helps,

Libby McLean

Cataloging Librarian
King County Library System