[Evergreen-catalogers] Questions

Andrea Buntz Neiman aneiman at kent.lib.md.us
Thu Apr 25 14:03:43 EDT 2013

Hi Sharon,

Regarding item #3 -- There is official documentation, and several sites
have individual cataloging procedure manuals (I would caution that some
may be on different versions and/or using customizations) -- cataloging
processes haven't changed all that much between versions, though.

Here is the official documentation for EG cataloging (newest version
first):
http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.3/_cataloging_2.html
http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.2/_cataloging_2.html
http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.1/html/cataloging.html
http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.0/draft/html/cataloging.html
http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/1.6/draft/html/cataloguing.html

Some of the more basic stuff that hasn't changed much will be found in
the 1.6 docs, and newer features in the later docs.

Two systems with extensive cataloging documentation online are Evergreen
Indiana & Sitka (remember, these may have site-specific customizations
&/or workflows):
EG Indiana http://www.in.gov/library/3380.htm
Sitka http://docs.sitka.bclibraries.ca/Sitka/current/html/cat.html

Hope this helps!