[Evergreen-catalogers] Questions

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Thu Apr 25 14:13:10 EDT 2013

On Apr 25, 2013, at 2:03 PM, Andrea Buntz Neiman wrote:

> Hi Sharon,
>
> Regarding item #3 -- There is official documentation, and several
> sites have individual cataloging procedure manuals (I would caution
> that some may be on different versions and/or using customizations)
> -- cataloging processes haven't changed all that much between
> versions, though.
>
> Here is the official documentation for EG cataloging (newest version
> first):
> http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.3/_cataloging_2.html
> http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.2/_cataloging_2.html
> http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.1/html/cataloging.html
> http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.0/draft/html/cataloging.html
> http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/1.6/draft/html/cataloguing.html
>
> Some of the more basic stuff that hasn't changed much will be found
> in the 1.6 docs, and newer features in the later docs.
>
> Two systems with extensive cataloging documentation online are
> Evergreen Indiana & Sitka (remember, these may have site-specific
> customizations &/or workflows):
> EG Indiana http://www.in.gov/library/3380.htm
> Sitka http://docs.sitka.bclibraries.ca/Sitka/current/html/cat.html
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> A.

This question an subsequent answers come at a good time, since I am in
the middle of converting the older cataloging docs from the old
documentation formatting standard to the new AsciiDoc format. So I can
include it in the EG version 2.4  docs, with updated screenshots too.
So please let me know if there specific things that folks want me to
include in the update. For example, I need to add documentation on the
basics of adding and editing authorities, including some tips
mentioned in this email thread already.

Yamil