[Evergreen-catalogers] Item template issue in 2.3.4

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Wed Mar 27 17:07:11 EDT 2013

> And then we occasionally hear that developers actively don't think a bug we have reported is important enough to fix.

That's unfortunate, but I do understand how all these different
entities and volunteers have different priorities.  I'd just hope
they're not being disrespectful.  The reason why I perked up is
because this is code I've worked on, and I may not have even noticed
that were it not you that started the thread.  If it were
acquisitions, it'd be a different story.  But that's also why we need
to report bugs, because otherwise the people who might perk up may not
ever hear about them.  I think we're in a better place these days than
back in the past when Bugzilla (and my inbox) became a black hole.

There are a lot more people involved.  In addition to development,
folks like Ben Shum and Jason Stephenson take an active hand in
managing ticket statuses, finding duplicates, etc, and while we still
have a ton of unresolved bugs (and uncommitted features and bug
fixes), I'm glad that they're recorded.  It's like we have Bug
Librarians.  :-)  Thankfully, I can't recall seeing a whole lot of
negativity or derision toward bug reporters, scuffles amongst
developers notwithstanding.

> I will get it written up for Launchpad as soon as I can.

Thanks Elaine,

--
Jason Etheridge